HDMI has developed into the digital connection standard, especially with high-resolution video and audio, because it is the only way to seamlessly transmit incredible volumes of data.
One of the best benefits of fiber optic High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is that you can have any length cable, without signal degradation. Indeed, some companies make a thousand-foot cable, for movie theatres and outdoor amphitheatres, for the very reason that there’s no signal lost.
We decided to try out the Ruipro True 4K HDMI fiber cable on a home projector and entertainment system, examining it for performance, picture and sound quality.
(Why it’s dubbed “true” is because they’re able to carry the entire 18 Gbps bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0 spec.)
The 30 foot, and the nine foot cables, did not disappoint.
For starters, you’ll notice when opening the package, the foam enders that protect the tips. The sturdy metal cables are quite rugged, and there’s no fear that they’ll degrade or snap. (They are directional, so just be sure you install them in the right direction or you will not get any results.)
What we noticed after installation overall, were richer colours, deeper hues and a more clarity of picture overall. A perfect transmission of data, with no degradation.
The applications for this cable are many: digital signage, LED signboards in streets or stadiums, game consoles, TV broadcast stations, conference room video equipment, security systems, and so on.
Our “five star” review goes to the Ruipro True 4K HDMI fiber cable.
- Plug and play without driver dependent and no need external power supply
- Support HDMI2.0 4K@60HZ UHD display
- Color Sub-sampling of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 with Deep Color & HDR
- Cable length : 10m/15/20m/30m/50m/100m/-300m customized for ultra-long length
- Interface : HDMI Type A/A pluggable. Biggest Bandwidth is 18.2Gbps(6Gbps x 3 channels)
- Support HDCP2.2/3D/CEC/EDID/HDR. Minimized casing is easy for installation in pipe.
- Transfer high frequency signals by fiber, EMI/RF free for clear signal transmission
- Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio
- 4.8mm external diameter, easier for wiring installation. CE/RoHS certificated
Pursuit’s tech reviewer, Alon Sharer, explains his experiences with the Ruipro Fiber HDMI cable: