What’s great about summer? Popsicles. How do you make popsicles better? Same way you make nearly everything better: whisky, whisky, and more whisky. You’ll also need a popsicle mould.
Basil Hayden’s Spiced Chocolate Cooler
2 parts Basil Hayden’s bourbon
16 parts low fat milk
1 1/2 parts unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 parts sugar
1 bar of dark chocolate (4 oz. bar)
4-5 dashes of chipotle chili pepper
1. In a saucepan over a low heat, combine milk, unsweetened chocolate, sugar and dark chocolate.
2. Warm, and stir continuously until all ingredients are combined. (Do not boil.)
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Add bourbon and chipotle chili pepper and stir.
5. Add to popsicle mould and freeze.
Basil Hayden’s Berry Fresh
7 parts Basil Hayden’s bourbon
1 1/2 parts elderflower
2 parts water
2 parts fresh lime juice
4-5 strawberries, medium size
1. Poke a hole in each blueberry and soak in 4 parts of bourbon for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add strawberries to cocktail shaker and muddle.
3. Add fresh lime juice, Elderflower syrup, remaining bourbon and water to the cocktail shaker and shake hard.
4. Add to the popsicle moulds.
5. Add three bourbon-soaked blueberries to each mould and freeze.