So, what’s the best tool for sculpting your face? Depends on what you’re looking for—but whether you’re looking for a close shave every single morning or just a trim for your beard every once in a while, there’s a fantastic razor out there for you.
- Fast. Want a three-minute shave? Well, if you’re a busy guy, an electric razor will get you out the door quicker.
- Waterproof. A good electric razor, like the Philips AquaTouch ($100), are welcome in the shower. Be efficient: shave while you rinse!
- Even trimming. Take the guesswork out of squaring off your sideburns. Or, if you want to manicure a beard or make sure your careless stubble looks even, get a razor with a beard styler, like this Philips Click & Style ($70).
- No damage. Skip nicks, ingrown hairs, and cuts—electric razors reduce all these things.
- Go dry. In a pinch, you can use an electric razor without soap, gel, or water.
- Slow. Like to savour your morning ritual? Then blades are the way to go.
- Easy travelling. You don’t need to worry about what kind of outlet you’ll find—or even whether there’s power at all. You just need water and a mirror.
- Inexpensive. Once you have the razor, you probably won’t break the bank on cartridges.
- Shave close. Blades get right up next to your skin, giving you the closest possible shave.
- Nostalgia. Is that a good enough reason to skip a modern convenience? Hey, up to you.
This post was sponsored by Philips. The views and opinions expressed in this article, however, are purely my own.