Need a break from chips and store-bought dip? Well, these pasta chips are pretty unique, and this grilled spinach and artichoke yogurt dip will be kinder to your beer belly than a cheese and salsa bomb. Alternatively, you could make that bacon jam we featured a little while ago and use that as dip. If you like a spicier chip, sprinkle some garlic powder, paprika, and pepper on your pasta before putting in the frying pan.
Grilled Spinach & Artichoke Yogurt Dip With Pasta Chips
Makes: 8 servings.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 45 minutes.
1 box BARILLA® Farfalle
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2-14 oz. cans artichokes, drained, quartered
1⁄2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
5 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. fresh ground pepper
1 lb fresh spinach
1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Toss pasta with 1⁄2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat frying pan to medium.
- Place pasta on frying pan, turning often to keep from burning − cook about 8 minutes until crispy.
- Toss artichokes in remaining olive oil and roast just charring slightly.
- In a food processor add yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, hot sauce, lemon juice, spinach; pulse until mixed, add artichoke and pulse a few more times, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a cast iron skillet, spoon yogurt dip into skillet and top with crumbled feta cheese; cook on low for 20-25 minutes until brown and bubbly. Serve with pasta chips for dipping.