It’s nearly our favourite Sunday of the year, and the good people at Savanna Dry, the driest cider we’ve ever tasted, sent over these sweet recipes for lemon pepper wings, lemon salsa, and dill/cucumber/lemon dip. Notice a theme? In case you’re wondering, yes, these wings do pair well with a very dry cider. Word to the wise, though: you’re going to want to double, triple, or even quadruple the recipe. Ditto with the paired cider.
Lemon Pepper Wings
1 lb. chicken wings
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1. Heat oil in deep fryer. Place seasoning in a bowl or zip style bag and set aside.
2. Deep fry wings for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Take cooked wings and place into seasoning and coat. Make sure the wings are still hot in order for seasoning to stick.
2 medium lemons
2 tbsp. minced onion
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. mint, minced
1. Cut ends off the lemons, exposing the fruit. Stand it up on one end and use a knife to remove the peel and pith.
2. Chop the lemon flesh into small pieces. Discard the seeds and large pieces of membrane.
3. Transfer lemon and juices to a small bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Dill, Cucumber, and Lemon Dip
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup diced and peeled cucumber
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh dill, minced
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Place yogurt into a small bowl and add cucumber, garlic, dill and lemon juice.
2. Stir ingredients and add salt and pepper.
3. Serve with chips or vegetables, if desired.