4 eggs, hard-boiled
2 eggs, beaten
200g pork sausage, uncooked
125ml all-purpose flour, sifted
250ml dried bread crumbs, fine
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 ̊F and heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 ̊F.
2. Place eggs into a saucepan and cover with water.
3. Once water has come to a boil, cover the saucepan and remove from heat leaving eggs to sit for 10–12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
4. Mix the haggis and sausage well. Flatten into four patties, surround each hard-boiled egg with the mixture.
5. Very lightly flour the surrounded eggs, coat with beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs. Coat with beaten egg again and roll in bread crumbs to cover evenly.
6. Deep fry until golden brown and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Cut in half and serve over a bed of lettuce and garnish with sliced tomatoes.