In our follow up to “Seven Things You Must Have Before 2018”, comes our next gift guide installment, here to advise you on how to navigate that ever-perplexing mission of what to buy your woman for Christmas. Whether it be chic apparel, handbags, jewelry, beverage, or a romantic getaway… trust us – you’re all set.
1. Canadian-based Lace requires your attention, for sexy-wear that will make anyone say “meow”. Stockings, lingerie, panties, dresses, active-wear, and even costumes (!), it’s all there to spice up your love life. Bonus – Lace has eliminated the guesswork out of picking the right size by offering a range of sizes from small to 4XL which mean you don’t need to know her bra size (and they have a handy sizing chart in case you need a little extra guidance).
2 . For the active woman, head on over to RYU (Respect Your Universe). For her workout regimen, there’s a ton of options. For example, there’s the Vapour Crew Neck Tee, and the ultralight seamless Vapor Long Sleeve Top, that has what’s called “antimicrobial silver salt treatment” – or Polygiene® – said to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria (meaning you won’t need to wash after every use). They also make an Italian-made high-spandex durable contour bra touted as having moisture management, and quick-drying. Of additional interest is the Tough Tight, and the Everywear Capri, both designed for ultimate leg comfort during the most rigorous of fitness routines. The sleek RYU 24L locker pack featured below has pockets for literally everything, including a special padded section for her laptop. Bonus – both sides unzip so she can access the entire inside without having to empty the bag.
3. During her workout, she might also enjoy using the world’s first THX® certified headphones (the highest audio standard on the market.) The 1More triple driver in-ear headphones were tuned by Grammy-award winning sound engineer Luca Bignardi. With nine sizes of ear tip, they’ve been ergonomically designed to fit any ear canal comfortably (and are very chic). Additionally, they are compatible with Apple or Android, so you can listen to music and take calls.
4. Quebecois singer-turned-accessory-producer Caroline Neron has, for the past thirteen years, been offering her line of jewelry and handbags, with now over 3,000 creations to her name. They’re available in 20 boutiques across Canada, and a few hundred distributors across the globe.
Her jewelry’s sleek designs incorporate a variety of styles and looks, from silver plate to rose gold, Swarovski crystals, to champagne coloured diamonds. You’ll also find Mediterranean inspired bracelets, delicate and feminine rings, that can serve as the perfect accessory. Pictured, is the gorgeous 32-inch Wish Box with pendant, adorned with Swarovski crystals and oxidized silver-tone plating. It is among hundreds of intricately crafted contemporary necklaces, with elegant details that bring a graceful and polished finish to any dress.
5. At the Posh Bag Boutique, you can find a myriad selection from hundreds of pre-owned luxury handbags in like-new condition. So that means premium designer brands (Chanel, Louis Vitton, Hermes, Gucci, Dior and so on) – but for less cost. Shop by material, brand, designer, or style.
6. Award-winning perfumer Michel Germain’s Sexual Noir will drive both of you crazy. It includes notes of vanilla, amber, and a secret aphrodisiac that apparently took years to research. It’s described as “playfully succulent mandarin and sweet strawberries flow into a sophisticated palette of mysterious patchouli, pink orchid, and deceptively innocent pink sweet pea flower.” Well, if that doesn’t say “yes, please”, I don’t know what does.
7. What’s a little eggnog without some spike? To get you in the mood, pick up the just-released 2017 Grand Marnier gift package, available for a limited-time at Canadian liquor retailers. We’ll drink to that!
8. For some added elegance and romance, try the extra-dry Gabbiano Chianti Classico DOCG, a medium-bodied and ruby-red fruity wine by Castello Di Gabbiano, imported from Tuscany, Italy. Its aroma is reminiscent of dried cherry, red berry fruit, and a touch of baking spice, making it the perfect compliment to dinner, relaxing by the fireplace, or sitting at the window watching the snow drift down.
Fun in the sun
9. All she wants for Christmas is a romantic getaway? Check. Take her to the Bahamas.
Now, you could do the gaudy “touristy” thing – competing with the throngs of other folks – but if you wanted that, just go to Vegas. Nah, for a romantic getaway to be real, it has to be out of the way, so you can have those untouched, pristine beaches all to yourself. We’re suggesting you visit Eleuthera, the largest of the Bahamian islands (among 700), but has only about 13,000 people on it.
Enjoy the clear sky and the clear waters of world-famous Pink Sand Beach, or, Sand Dollar Beach, with its pure, white, fine, silky sand. Queen’s Bath is a remarkable experience: a pool-like rock formation with naturally-heated waters. You and the lady can swim among the colourful Caribbean fish in the coral, with a snorkeling trip, led by local James Dunnam, of Bahamas Ocean Safaris.
While in Eleuthera, stay at the spacious suites at Daddy Joe’s, where rock singer Lenny Kravitz (who owns a home down the road) has popped by. Their restaurant serves authentic Bahamian fare, including conch fritters, locally-caught grouper, and other specialties. An incredible, memorable experience that will last a lifetime. Cheap flights from Toronto this winter can range from $375 to $550 per person.
So, no need anymore to endlessly wander the malls, drive yourself mad for a parking spot, or wait in line at the cashier – we’ve got you covered for Christmas gift ideas for your woman.