Baby, it’s cold out there, and winter isn’t even close to over yet. Clearly, you’ll need someone to keep you warm for the frosty months ahead. Lucky for you, wintertime offers a bevy of opportunities to get cozy on a creative date. Forget about dinner and a movie. Here, the best winter date ideas for Calgary.
1. Sign up for a couples cooking class at Cookbook Co. Cooks. There’ll be plenty of bumping into one another in the kitchen, plus you can sit and enjoy dinner afterwards. 722 11 Ave. SW, 403-265-6066.
2. After a stroll through the Design District, head to the Virginia Christopher Fine Art Gallery for a lazy, artsy lunch at the in-house restaurant, Vue Café. 816 11 Ave. SW, 403-263-4346.
3. If she’s a music-lover, a concert would be fun but predictable. Instead, book a private tour of the Cantos Music Collection, where you can immerse yourself in the history of everyone from Mozart to the Beatles, and even play around with rare instruments. 403-543-5115.
4. Go ice-skating on the Bowness Park Lagoon, which is open until 10 p.m. Afterwards, warm up with hot cocoa and marshmallows, which you can roast at the fire pits. Bowness Park, 8900 48 Ave. NW.
5. Take your stargazing up a notch: See everything from the Northern Lights to meteorites at the Rothney Astrophysical Observatory. Highway 22, 403-931-2366.
6. Get sweaty with hot yoga classes in a 38ºC room at Heavens Fitness. 637 11th Ave SW, 403-263-3113.
Image courtesy of ocean.flynn.