William Shatner has teamed up with Iggy Pop on a cover version of the Christmas classic, “Silent Night.” The track is featured on the Star Trek star’s new Christmas album, Santa Claus: The Christmas Album.
Shatner combines his famous spoken-word delivery alongside Iggy’s signature baritone. Listen to what Shatner’s team calls a “surprising take on the holiday classic” HERE.
Shatner invited several famous guest musicians, appropriately described as an “eclectic roster of vanguards, icons and misfits,” to appear on the album, including Todd Rundgren, Billy Gibbons, Ian Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Brad Paisley, Judy Collins, Mel Collins, Artimus Pyle, Joe Louis Walker, Elliot Easton and Dani Bander.
The album features a variety of styles, including jazz, blues, rockabilly, bossa nova, and rock ‘n roll.
Check out the track list below:
- Jingle Bells feat. Henry Rollins
2. Blue Christmas feat. Brad Paisley
3. Little Drummer Boy feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. Winter Wonderland feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
5. Twas The Night Before Christmas feat. Mel Collins (King Crimson)
6. Run Rudolph Run feat. Elliot Easton (The Cars)
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel feat. Rick Wakeman (Yes)
8. Silver Bells feat. Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
9. One for You, One For Me
10. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer feat. Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
11. Silent Night feat. Iggy Pop
12. White Christmas feat. Judy Collins
13. Feliz Navidad feat. Dani Bander
Shatner is most known for portraying Captain James T. Kirk on the iconic sci-fi series, but he has also starred in shows such as TJ Hooker and The Practice. Music has played a role in his life. He released his first album in 1968. Earlier this year, he released the country music album, Why Not Me. Other albums include 2004’s Has Been, 2011’s Seeking Major Tom and 2013’s Ponder the Mystery.
Santa Clause: The Christmas Album is out now.