In summer, scarves are risky; the line between flâneur and douchebag, after all, is fine. Come winter, however, scarves are indispensable – a surefire way to elevate an already elegant look, or add a pop of colour to winter’s darkest days. Here, 10 great winter scarves.
1. Cheap Monday, the Swedish brand of affordable hipster staples, stays true to form with this tonal buffalo plaid number (pictured above). $20
3. Channel the style of Christmas past with Urban Outfitters’ chunky, graphic Totem Pole Scarf. $38
5. Wrap it up with French Connection’s oversized scarf – big enough for two, though really only logistically possible for one. $98
6. Channel Canadian pride while hiding from the Canadian winter with Roots’ vintage-looking Westgrove Plaid Scarf. $34
7. Crank the patriotism up a notch with Red Canoe’s merino wool RCAF Tartan Scarf. $50
9. This black-on-black, diagonally striped wool number from Canali is so elegant, you can almost wear it, and nothing else, to a black tie affair. Almost. $160