They say women are a confusing breed. In conversations with my girlfriends, we’ve agreed, almost universally: We’re confusing, in part, because there’s a whole bunch of information we wish guys knew, but that we just don’t want to tell them. And so, in the spirit of full disclosure, the top 10 things I, and surely all women, wish you knew.
1. I’m usually disappointed when you don’t take control and make the first move.
2. I have faked orgasms.
3. I need to hear — not sense, or guess, or infer, but actually hear — how you feel about me. Often.
4. Even if you tell me how you feel about me, I want you to show it by planning the occasional fancy date, weekend getaway or giving me a thoughtful gift.
5. I really do need foreplay to make sex successful for both of us.
6. Telling me to ‘calm down’ is a really effective way of making me act more irrational.
7. It upsets me when it seems like you don’t want to hold my hand in public.
8. I do want you to sleep over. Don’t pose the question to me if you don’t want to.
9. You don’t need to shower before we get into bed together. I like it when you’re sweaty.
10. Don’t buy me chocolates or sweets as gifts. I either won’t eat them, or will resent you for tempting me with them.
Image courtesy of Ko_An.