When I say that there are some things men should never wear, let me be clear: By never, I mean never around me. And never in a social situation. Of course, some rules were made to be broken. But if you’re going to wear a man purse, you’d better know what you’re doing.
1. Sport Jerseys: They’re borderline acceptable at sporting events or in your basement; anywhere else screams “Sigma Pi Delta Rules!”
2. Speedos: Some call this skimpy swimsuit sexy, but that’s doubtful, even on European beaches. Stick to trunks.
3. Double denim: Wear jean jackets with caution – many tend to look feminine – and never with jeans (see Tuxedo, Canadian).
4. Fur: Cruel to animals, and to women.
5. The Man Purse: Fashion designers have given this a real shot, but no over-the-shoulder carrier looks even half-hunky.
6. Capri Pants: You’re probably better off wearing the nine other items on this list.
7. Overalls: Never, unless you are a) in a boy band or b) a painter.
8. Sandals: If you’re not at the beach, ask yourself: Is showing us your feet helping your cause?
9. Pleated Pants: They’re outdated and bulky looking. Go with slim, flat-front pants.
10.Trucker Hats: Ashton Kutcher may have ruined this forever. But let’s be clear: This has never worked.
(Photo courtesy of Alan Light)
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Fashion Mistakes”
Too harsh, Hannah! Double denim may be making a comeback. Vintage fur can be ok. And you obviously have never seen me in a Speedo!
I don’t care what people say. When it’s cold outside, a fur hat keeps me warm. Rabbit or beaver are great.
Comments are closed.